- University NameDonetsk National Medical University of Maxim Gorky
- University NameДонецький державний медичний університет імені Максіма Горького
- Year of Establishment1930
- Population Range1,000,000-1,500,000
- Gender AdmissionMen and Women
- International StudentsYes
- Admission SelectionYes
Size and Profile
- Student Enrollment Range12,000-15,000
- Control TypePublic
- Academic CalendarSemesters
- Religious AffiliationNone
- Academic Staff Range500-799
- Entity TypeNon Profit
- Campus SettingUrban
Facilities and Services
- Sport Facilities and ActivitiesYes
- Accreditation and RecognitionYes
Donetsk National Medical University is officially the best medical university in Ukraine, according to top list of medical and other universities by WEBOMETRICS-2011. This list contains 12 000 universities all over the world. It’s only 20 uni from Ukraine at this list.
Also regarding to science metric database SCOPUS our university is on № 6 rank of all Ukrainian universities and № 1 in a medicals.
Medical education in our university makes it possible to obtain the European Diploma at the end of the study.
Due to the high teaching standards the Donetsk National Medical University of Maxim Gorky has been recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and is registered in the World Directory of Schools.
Affiliations and Memberships