Summer Courses in Ukraine…
Program Duration: 2 – 4 weeks
Starting Dates: Beginning of both July and August
Accommodations: Host family, Dormitory, or Studio Apartment (extra fee)
Class Skill Levels: Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, and Advanced
Schedule: 20 lessons per week, Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM; Lessons are 45 minutes in length each
Class Size: Maximum of four (4) students per class
Summer Courses Fees:
- 2 weeks = $570 USD
- 3 weeks = $780 USD
- 4 weeks = $1050 USD
These aforementioned fees cover:
- $10 Registration fee (due six weeks before courses begin)
- 20 hours of in-class instruction per week
- Accommodation with either a host family or in a university dormitory room
- Daily breakfast
- Transfer to and from airport or railway station
- Authenticated certification upon program completion
- At least one weekend of inclusive sightseeing
In opting to attend a summer language course with Study in Ukraine for foreign students, you are guaranteed the opportunity to meet and learn from other eager students in a variety of social and cultural events. Such events and activities include:
- Tour of downtown Kyiv, including Orange Revolution sites
- Tours of Kiev’s many ancient churches and monasteries
- Museum Tours: World War II Museum, Pirohovo Museum of Traditional Architecture, Chernobyl Museum
- Tours of Ukrainian art galleries, Mariinsky Palace, and the botanical gardens.
*At students’ request these tours may be substituted for longer tours to other cities such as Lviv, Odessa or Chernihiv (for an additional charge).
In addition to the mandatory morning classes, students can also choose to partake in optional afternoon classes, which cover the following cultural topics:
- Traditional Ukrainian Easter egg painting (Pysanka eggs)
- Ukrainian and Russian cuisine
- Traditional Ukrainian embroidery and woodcarving
- Ukrainian (Russian) traditional dancing and singing classes
- Matrioshka painting
Whether you are simply looking to brush up on your Ukrainian conversational skills, or you need to master the language for business purposes, Study in Ukraine offers comprehensive language courses that will leave you with the skills and, more importantly, the confidence to communicate in a variety of instances and situations in Ukraine.
Enrolling with Study in Ukraine will leave you with the following language skills:
- Confident interaction when visiting a Ukrainian-speaking region or dealing with native Ukrainian speakers in social situations or business transactions.
- Building of rapports and strengthening of relationships with Ukrainian speaking colleagues and clients through a show of interest in the Ukrainian language and culture.
- Demonstration of goodwill and facilitation of international communication at both a personal and organizational level.
Who should I enroll with Study in Ukraine?
- People looking to expand upon individual business relations in Ukraine.
- People looking to broaden their cultural horizons pertaining to the Ukrainian culture.
- In the past, members of the general public and a wide range of professionals have availed of our individual Ukrainian language courses; there were academic teachers, diplomats, employees of international corporations and translators, among others.
Summer Course Content
Content offered by Study in Ukraine for foreign students is highly diverse and personified. This means that content offered will depend on your profession, proficiency in Ukraine, and real-life objectives.
Whether you are studying at the Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced Level, courses will outline the following topics:
- Listening skills
- Spoken fluency
- Reading skills
- Telephone communication skills
- Pronunciation and accent
- Sector-specific terminology
- Email communication skills
- Presentation & negotiation skills
Study in Ukraine offers a fully accessible approach to education as individual Ukrainian language training courses are offered seven days a week, 365 days a year. Classes occur between 8:00 AM and 9:00 PM; however, arrangements can be made for classes outside of these hours.
Course materials are carefully selected to offer students a comprehensive introduction and understanding of the Ukrainian language. Recommendations for self-study material and extra readings are also made available at the beginning of all courses so students are always prepared with materials to broaden their educations.
As each person takes a different approach to their individual learning styles, classes are offered in a variety of manners from intensive weeklong sessions, to extensive modular lessons.
Upon completion of any Ukrainian language course offered by Study in Ukraine, participants will receive the Ukrainian University Certificate. These certificates specify the number of instructional hours obtained, course content that has been studied, and the language proficiency level that has been attained.