Do I need a visa or residence permit in Ukraine?
As it is accepted in most countries all over the world, foreigners and persons without documents for citizenship in Ukraine are obliged to get visa, if they want to enter Ukraine. Depending on the purpose of the visit and the terms of staying in Ukraine, visas differs by the procedure of receipt and terms of issue.
Types of Ukraine visa…
Business visa ( Б – VB) – This type of visa is provided for foreigners and persons without documents of citizenship in Ukraine or:
- if they are cofounders of joint ventures;
- invited as consultants;
- come forward as personnel at the foreign representative offices.
Expiration date of this type of visa is – from 3 month to 1 year.Inspire of business character of this type of visa, it is forbidden to carry out labour activity on the territory of Ukaraine for foreigners and persons without documents for citizenship in Ukraine.
Tourist visa (Т – VT) – To get this type of visa, it is necessary to submit documents which can confirm the tourist character of the trip. Expiration date of this visa is – to 6 month. You could find more about this type of visa in the article concerning «tourist visas».
Student visa (О – VO) – Could be given by the Ukrainian Ministry of Education, the purpose of such visa is education only.Expiration date is 1 year.
Private visa (П – 1 и 2):
- П-1 – VP – Could be given by the Department of Citizenship, Immigration and Registration (OVIR) to visit Ukraine due to the private or medical purposes. Expiration date is – to6 month.
- П-2 – VU – Could be given for persons of the Ukrainian origin to enter Ukraine. Expiration date is – to 5 years. The basis for issuing such a visa is as follows: certificate of the foreign Ukrainian personal requirement which should be taken to the interview with the employee of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or it could be another confirming document.
Immigration visa (IM -1, 2 и 3):
- IM-1 – VA. It could be issued for persons who want to enter Ukraine with the purpose of employment under the permission of the Ukrainian Ministry of Labour. Expiration date is – 1 year.
- IM-2 – VE. Could be given for constant residence in Ukraine on the basis of the permission of local enforcement authority.
- ІМ-3 – VI. Could be given to those who enter Ukraine with the purpose of family reunion. Made due to the permission of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Visa for rescue services (Л – VL). For persons who take part in the liquidation of some emergencies.Made on the basis of the permission given by the Ministry of emergencies of Ukraine.Expiration date is – from 6 month to 1year.
Diplomatic visa (Д or VD) – is made by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, only for the personnel of diplomatic representatives and organizations, during the term of accreditation or due to the international agreement.
Business (service) visa (С -VS; 2; 3) – could be made for military, political, diplomatic personnel of the international organizations, the members of their families, during the term of accreditation or due to the international agreement. (С-2, 3 expiration date is- from 6 month to 1 year).
Visa for scientists (Н – VH). Could be made for person, due to the invitation from the scientific institutions with a purpose to exchange experience, to take part in the conference, due to the research work. Expiration date is – from 6 months to 1 year.
Visa for the mass media representatives (М -VM) – is made on the basis of the permission given by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Visa for the religious representatives. Is made for religious representatives(Р – VR)on the basis of invitation from the religious organization,must be approved by special religious Committee. Expiration date is – from 1 to 3 years.
Visa for humanitarian mission representatives (Г – VG). Expiration date is- from 6 month to 1 year on the basis of the permission given by special committee of the Ukrainian Government specialized on the questions of coordination, receiving, transportation, protection and division of the humanitarian assistance.
Visa with a purpose of cultural and exchange (К – VK).Expiration date is – from 6 month to 1year.
Transit visa (ТР, numbers 1, 2).Expiration date is – 5 days after crossing the territory of Ukraine only once.
Visa for the transport personnel (ОП – VZ). Expiration date is – from 6 month to1year. On the basis of special document which confirm the transit character of their trip and license for international shipment.
Visa for those who will take part in the process of organization Euro 2012 (Ф– VY). Expiration date is – to 5 years on the basis of the permission from the agency Euro 2012
In some cases diplomatic representatives or consular establishments of Ukraine have the right to inquire about additional documents to adjust the aim of visit, diplomatic representatives have the right to offer additional interview.
Visa to Ukraine
Please note: Visa support is provided for all applicants
After the enrollment procedure is complete, the student will receive by express mail DHL and/or TNT the original invitation/admission letter of enrollment, and all documents that are necessary for the Student Visa request.
Ukraine Student Visa “Application Basic Requirements”:
- Visa Application form – in Embassy.
- Original valid passport
- 3 photographs (3x4cm)
- Original invitation letter sent to you by express post
- Medical health certificate*
- HIV/AIDS Results*
- Certificate of Completed Higher and/or Secondary Education*
The above documents should be translated to the Ukrainian or Russian languages and legalized by the ministry of foreign affairs of your country, before applying to the embassy*.
This is a general list of requirements for obtaining your Ukraine student visa. A complete list must be obtained by contacting the Ukrainian Consulate in your jurisdiction as requirements vary for each Consulate.
The average processing time for visas is 1-2 to 15 days. Rush processing is also possible.
How to Read your Ukrainian Visa?
Notice: Upon receiving your Visa from the Ukraine Consulate you will need to read the photo reference to verifying that your Ukraine Visa has the correct dates that will allow you to enter Ukraine per your schedule. It is important that you check the Item # 7 Valid of entry. Our company is NOT RESPONSIBLE for mistakes made by the Ukraine Consulate. Be assured we will assist you in all and any manner possible to work with the Ukraine Consulate to correct any possible inaccuracy.
- PLACE OF ISSUE (Location of Ukraine Consulate).
- No OF ENTRIES (Number of entries allowed into the Ukraine):
(1) – single entry Ukraine visa (valid for one entry).
(2) – double entry Ukraine visa (valid for two entries).
(M) – multiple entry Ukraine visa (valid till date of expiration)
- TYPE (purpose of travel):
T – Ukraine Tourist Visa
O – Ukraine Study Visa
- SURNAME – Last name in Ukrainian/English
- GIVEN NAME -First name in Ukrainian/English
- PASSPORT #
- VALID (You may enter the Ukraine on this date or any time after but prior to expiration):
Day . Month . Year
- VALID UNTIL (You must exit the Ukraine on or before this date):
Day. Month. Year
- VISA #
- DATE OF BIRTH Day. Month. Year
P.S: Ukrainian visas are not valid in the Russian Federation, and Russian Federation visas are not valid in Ukraine. As a general rule, visitors requiring visas should apply before travelling – Check Back with Us before travelling.