We will guide you through the steps you need to take in applying for study in Ukraine. Read up on the things you need to consider before choosing the education that is right for you.
Trying to understand Ukraine’s higher education system can seem daunting at first. We have collected some basic information about studying at Ukrainian universities that international students will find useful information:
As a foreign student, there are different options available depending on the degree level you choose: undergraduate, or as a master’s candidate, or at the doctoral level. Application procedures are explained for each level.
Most likely you will study one of the 600 English-language degree programs, but if you are fluent in Ukrainian or Russian, Ukrainian courses are open to you as well, giving you even a greater choice.
You may just have finished your studies and you may be looking for a traineeship position. Or else you may be in a position to get contract training (commissioned education) for your company or organization.
In order to receive student’s invitation letter you will have to provide the following information details or e-mail us the following:
1 – Certificate of completed higher secondary education.
2 – A copy of the passport (pages with the photograph, date of birth and passport validity (date of issue & expiry).
3 – Confirm required application payment fees.
Upon receiving the invitation letter, the student must contact the Embassy of Ukraine in his / her country immediately to apply for the student’s visa. The following documents must be provided while applying:
- Complete the Visa Application form.
- 4 photographs (3x4cm).
- Original invitation letter sent to you by express post.
- Certificate of Completed Secondary Education.
- Medical health certificate.
- HIV/AIDS test.
Documents required for students being admitted to the preparatory faculty or the first year:
- Complete Higher Secondary School Certificate (including mark sheet) or a notarized copy, a translated copy of the Complete Higher Secondary School Certificate in Russian/Ukrainian language, certified by a notary from the Ukrainian Embassy in your country.
- 22 passport size (3×4 cm) photographs in matt finish.
- HIV/AIDS free certificate – original in English, a translated copy of the HIV/AIDS free certificate in Russian/Ukrainian language, certified by your country Ministry of Foreign Affair.
- Medical health certificate – original in English, translated copy of the Medical Health Certificate in Russian/Ukrainian language, certified by your country Ministry of Foreign Affair.
As a student in order to enter the Ukrainian territory and to be admitted into the University you must possess the following documents:
- International Passport (validity – not less than 1 year).
- Student Visa.
- Migration card (it must be completed by you in the airport upon arrival in Ukraine).
- Original Invitation Letter.
Additional documents required for students taking admission to the Master’s degree programme, Postgraduate course or PhD.:
- Diploma/Degree Certificate, 2 notarized copies of the Diploma/Degree Certificate, 2 translated copies of the Diploma/Degree Certificate in Russian/Ukrainian language certified by your country Ministry of Foreign Affair to carry out the equivalent procedure.
Mark sheets of all academic years (including studied subjects, marks & hours for each subject), 2 notarized copies of the Mark sheets, 2 translated copies of the Mark sheets in Russian/Ukrainian language and certified by your country Ministry of Foreign Affair to carry out the equivalence procedure.
Required Documents for Postgraduate / PhD Study
The students pursuing their further education at Post Graduate level – Master and/or PhD Programme can apply and continue their PhD level in all programs like Medicine, Engineering, Economics, Management, Administration, and many more programmes Check Now.
– A representative of “Study In Ukraine” will meet the student at the airport holding “Study In Ukraine” name board to escort him/her to the university and the students’ hostel. “Study In Ukraine” you must provide the flight details (flight number, date and time of arrival, city of arrival and name of airport) seven days in advance for proper arrangement of pick up.
– The student will not be allowed to leave the airport and enter the Ukrainian territory until a representative of “Study In Ukraine” meets him/her at the airport with the power of attorney from the University. This is according to the official Rules and Regulations of Ukrainian Immigration Department.